sandymacdougall
It has a 6 cylinder. Would it be difficult to put a mopar 383 in Demon?
Quote 1 0
tomkunik
Other than motor mounts are different it will settle right down in there.
Pay attention to your differential as it may not be beefy enough for it.
A 440cid went right into my 71 Dart and the rear was destroyed the instant I hit it  lol
Good time for new brakes also.
They dont have to go - They DO have to Whoa!
Have fun.
Quote 1 0
nekko
A better plan would be to take the Demon to a junker. What you have is a piece of crap, which is the hallmark of all the shite which came out of Detroit.
Quote 0 1
sandymacdougall
Well you probably drive a yugo, I hope it has a rear window defroster so it will keep your hands warm when your pushing it.
Quote 2 0
nekko
You are being silly. You push it on the bumper, not the rear window.
Quote 1 0
cosmicfrog
In the late 60's, Chrysler actually factory installed big blocks in a few of the Valiant/Dart based cars. Maintenance was a bear, steering was a bear, keeping the rest of the drivetrain was a bear and they were only good for straight line runs down the drag strip. With modern technology, you can get a healthy small block that will pull as well as the old BB Mopars. you'll be able to steer it too.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.
Quote 1 0
shortythompson
My '72 Demon a "G" code car. Changed out the "K" member from the sand mounts to the spool mounts . Most folks want you to remove the the lighter based LA V-8 torsion bars for the beefier bbm torsion bars when slant 6 bars will do just as good a job.
Quote 0 0
NEPAGoFast
My cousin and I installed one in his 71 Demon 30 years ago. His had a 318 in it to start, I cut the mounts off the K and fab'd a set using all of the parts. Only thing we bought was a set of fender well headers. This was a 4spd car, so a bell swap was all we needed there. It had an 8 3/4 rear with 3.55's and a posi, 742 housing if I remember correctly. A set of slapper bars with a few shims under the driver side snubber and it launched like a rocket. We left the LA torsion bars in, just added a few cranks. It did sit a little low in the nose with the butt sticking up, but that was cool back then. Drove it for years, only thing we had issues with was the small u-joints and the pinion u-joint straps tearing off at the bolts. We kept a few sets of straps and bolts, and a few spare u-joints in the trunk. Never lost one on the launch, but would shoot the drive shaft out the back on a hard shift into second.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.