2018Vette
Another relevant segment on XOR. He needs to drill some holes into a steel plate bumper, so he takes it over to his handy Edwards Ironworker Drill/Punch.
Perfect for he home hobbyist. Many models to choose from starting at about $6000 up to $36000.
Charge your buddies $20 to use on a weekend and you'll have it paid for in about 6 years. Deluxe model will pay for itself in less than 40 years!!
Quote 0 0
John L.
What's the big deal?  Some holes need drilled.  The show's host uses one tool.  Do you not know how to drill holes or do you want them to show you every way that holes can be drilled?
Quote 0 0
2018Vette
Not too quick on the uptake are we John?
Quote 0 0
Amorget
So you care to watch him drill the holes with a battery powered hand drill?  I mean, I get what you are saying, but it's not a big deal
Quote 0 0
2018Vette
You are absolutely right. It's not a big deal. And I suppose I should actually be thankful that he used a different tool. God knows I've had enough of watching the same stuff over and over again. Feels like I've watched a million holes being drilled, couple of hundred miles of welds, etc etc. I guess the boredom has made me too picky and bitchy.
What I would really like is to see some new things and/or more in depth stuff from which to learn. Bring the shows back to being informative and educational for the home builder.
Quote 0 0
Amorget
Yup, I get it.  It feels like there is still a large gap between what we see done and what the end product is.  Watch them weld, drill holes, install cams, etc, but when it comes to actually doing it myself I struggle.  It may just be that I suck.
Quote 0 0
John L.
2018Vette wrote:
You are absolutely right. It's not a big deal. And I suppose I should actually be thankful that he used a different tool. God knows I've had enough of watching the same stuff over and over again. Feels like I've watched a million holes being drilled, couple of hundred miles of welds, etc etc. I guess the boredom has made me too picky and bitchy.
What I would really like is to see some new things and/or more in depth stuff from which to learn. Bring the shows back to being informative and educational for the home builder.

I understand where you are coming from.  I have been reading a lot of negative comments about the shows and hosts.  I may be wrong, but I think that the shows are more entertainment than educational which is why I don't expect much.  I also think that how you stated what you wanted to see is a better way to handle things, but who knows if anybody from the shows actually read our comments.
Quote 0 0
NEPAGoFast
It's gotta be tough to produce a show like this. Too much detail and you glaze over a casual watcher, not enough and you loose the hard core home builder. One thing I noticed is you see almost no hand porting of heads anymore. It's something the experienced home builder "could" do, (please save the flames, I know how bad it could go), but they need to support their sponsors like trickflow. It wouldn't help trickflow out much if you could port your own set of LS 241/3 heads for a hundred bucks in tools and come close to their $2000 heads, so it's left out. Many other things are off the shelf vs off the bench as well. It's all part of the reality we live in, if you want the show, you need to put up with what it takes to make the show. I think they are walking the razor blade pretty well, I'm even (slightly) warming to the new XOR hosts.....slightly.  
Quote 0 0
2018Vette
It's not tough. It's very simple and formulaic. And while I understand the need to please the advertisers there are far too many "speial" segments which are just infomercials.
And if I have to watch Pat Topolinski degree yet another cam I will scream.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.