2018Vette
If they are not going to show us more variety of jobs then at the very least they could do the work properly and safely.

This week I saw the trucks dude disconnect the ac evaporator with no sign or mention of evacuating the coolant so it doesn't escape into the atmosphere. Dumb and irresponsible.

Now on to XOR where we are treated to the little cow bouncing all around a trial and she never shuts up laughing. But I will laugh when she crashes or rolls the thing and THEN remembers that a helmet might have been a good idea. You kids watching follow their examples and look forward to a seriously polluted atomosphere and brain damage,'
Shame on you PTV
Quote 1 0
Fat Daddy
Careful, they can't take criticism, your post will be deleted before you know it. 
Quote 0 0
John L.
That post deserves to be deleted.  It goes beyond criticism.  Some people fail to realize that they are TV shows, it is not some tech school on TV where you get certified or anything.  He appears to still be watching the shows, so it looks like he is just looking for something to b*tch at.  Either that or he is off his meds.
Quote 0 0
2018Vette
You're right. It's not a tech school where you would be taught to evacuate the a/c before just disconnecting it. It's a show which is supposed to encourage hobbyists to try to do some work at home. That is exactly why they should not skip the important legal and safety stuff.
Quote 0 0
John L.
I just think that you are expecting too much and making fun of the host was out-of-line.  If I have not worked on my A/C system before and didn't evacuate it, it would be my own stupidity for expecting that I would know everything by just watching a TV show and not doing more research.  If I watch some TV show and see someone get shot without getting hurt, but they didn't show the gun was loaded with blanks.  Am I supposed to think that I can shoot someone and they won't get hurt?  I think that it is mostly common sense.  Unfortunately, we live in a world where people sue for the stupidest things and try to get rich off of other people.  Maybe we will see a disclaimer some day on PowerNation shows that says "don't try this at home".
Quote 0 0
gben
the host explained about evacuating A/C but also said the system was empty. Therefore it was safe to remove said component.  it pays to pay attention!
Quote 0 0
2018Vette
I just watched it again and he does not say anything about the a/c.  Not in this episode.  Not a word.

F100 Engine Top End Kit

Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.