cosmicfrog
Well, it isn't really exotic, but I figure to post something and maybe others will follow. Several months ago, I traded a tow dolly and motorcycle trailer for a 528i sedan. I planned to just fix a few problems and sell it. Well, the few problems turned into a bunch of gnawed wires and even a fuel line. Nothing major, just a bunch of things. It sat for a bit until  I replaced the a/c compressor and did some other work to the cooling system.

Now, I would never speed. That's illegal and irresponsible. Hypothetically though, the speed limter will kick in at 146 mpg. I've been using it as a daily driver and I'm getting 25-30 mpg. 

0422181436a.jpg  0422181436.jpg 
The damaged hood (make sure your hood is closed, opening at speed is bad mojo) has been replaced with a black one and I have a matching trunk lid. A coworker does paint on the side and if he has time, he'll paint the roof panel black to match giving me a two tone look like I had in high school. I'm not even ging to try and match the factory color changing paint.
New hood.jpg 
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.
Quote 0 0
gben
Tow-dolly and a bike trailer.....Good Tradin' now fixand flip or keep ???
Quote 0 0
cosmicfrog

I was going to fix it up a bit and resell it but it's turned into a really great little car. 28 mpg (I've since fixed the gnawed wires on the O2 sensors so it may do better now), pulls great, fast, smooth, handles great and the heat and air will run you out. I would never, ever speed, that's illegal and just wrong. However, hypothetically, I could get it up to 147 before the speed limiter kicks in. Not that I would ever find out for sure. I'd still sell or trade it as it's extremely low and the clutch is rough on my arthritic knees. I need an SUV, preferably 4X4, more but it's such a smooth reliable car, I'm in no hurry.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Quote 0 0
cosmicfrog
biketrailer.jpg    

I thought I had a picture of the tow dolly. The trailer was handy, but I only pulled it once.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Quote 0 0