billyself
What might be the most HP with all the new technologies possible ?
Quote 0 0
markdail
Great question! Along for the ride.
Personally it will depend on what RPM range you'll want the mother to live in.
Always been a fan of the small, small blocks!
Quote 0 0
billyself
I like both road racing and drag racing so as high a rpm range as possible and it getting there guick ,help me decide !!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
The Exorcist
With today's technologies, you can literally get as much power as you would like out of almost any engine. The first thing to do is to find out how much power the block you have can safely hold. If the power level you want is more than your block can handle, they make aftermarket blocks that will hold insane amounts of power. I have recently read articles in which they used a cheap eBay turbo kit and made 600 hp and more. Just understand that "cheap" is not necessarily conducive to longevity when it comes to car parts.The same age old saying (slightly modified) still applies, "How much power do you want to make? How much money do you have to spend?"
Quote 0 0
billyself
Need a quote on price rpm 9500 to 11,000 would like it to be a daily driver if possible ,HP from a turbo and a super charger  what it might be the pros and cons carbs and fuel injection
Quote 0 0
markdail
So it boils down to how fast do you want to go, followed by how much money do you have. Todays technology makes the "sky's the limit" saying very open and easy to do. I will say this, no V8 engine that live past 8,000 RPM is a reasonable street engine. 
First thing you need to decide is what will this engine be built for, street, or racing, there is a compromise but not so with an engine that live past 8K RPM.
Also what are you pitting the motor in, how heavy?
Quote 2 0
The Exorcist
billyself wrote:
Need a quote on price rpm 9500 to 11,000 would like it to be a daily driver if possible, HP from a turbo and a super charger  what it might be the pros and cons carbs and fuel injection

Billy, Please go ahead and give us all of the details involved. The car the engine will go in, its weight, proposed budget for the engine, do you have a block or will you use an aftermarket block, what transmission do you plan to use, what rear end ratio will you use, and any other pertinent information. To get a "quote" on such an engine, if it is even possible, you will have to contact an engine builder.

The upper rpm range you quoted is more like a motorcycle engine than a car engine. It will require careful balancing, extremely lightened internals and careful preparation of those internal parts to be able to withstand that rpm range with any chance of them surviving. Then exiting the engine (assuming you are using a manual trans) your flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate will require careful selection to ensure they can withstand those rpms. I'm pretty sure you will not find it very easy if at all possible to daily drive such a combination and if you do the novelty will quickly wear off as you discover the problems in doing so. I think you are going to need to reduce your desired rpm range to a more sensible 7500-8000 rpms if you wish to use a car engine and daily drive it. 
Many years ago I had a Mach 1 Mustang with a 351C engine that would easily rev to 7500 rpm. However, I soon discovered that pretty much anything over 6500-6800 rpm was pointless because the engine quit pulling/making power after that. 
Quote 1 0
The Exorcist
nekko, Did you just come from A-Holes-R-Me or what? What would you say such an asinine thing?
Quote 0 0
The Exorcist
You are a pathetic, small man. It is plainly evident by your need to disparage and demean strangers on the internet while safely hidden behind your keyboard. Frankly, it is none of your business nor concern about what others choose to do with their engines. If you have nothing good to say, then it is best to just say nothing at all, but people like you never learned that and probably never will. 
You have a nice day and I hope you grow out of your prepubescent stage soon.
P.S. Don't concern yourself with the size of my appendage, I don't swing your way.
I'm done conversing with you, I hate having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Quote 0 0
chadamos
He's just a troll that us trying to start some meaningless crap with whomever will interact with him.  The forum mod has been made aware.
Quote 1 0
The Exorcist
chadamos wrote:
He's just a troll that us trying to start some meaningless crap with whomever will interact with him.  The forum mod has been made aware.
Thanks chadamos! How do you report people like him? 
Quote 0 0
chevygasser
Kudos on thinking about the legendary 302 Chevy, but this engine was only built because SCCA allowed a max engine size of 305ci., believe me if Chevy could have gone bigger they would have. Hot rodders had been building this engine for years by boring their 283 >125" and calling it a 301. This said in the day in race tune these with the wild Xram manifold could produce over 450hp. This was a high winding motor which had poor low end torque but worked well in a Trans Am race series Camaro. Today it is possible to build a 350 much cheaper and much easier to street drive, an engine with low bottom end torque will require a deep 1st gear and a good OD ratio. True an Xram Small Block will look wild at the cruise nite but will take a dedicated Rodder to drive on a daily basis. The same intake on a 350 would look as good and actualy could not visually be told from the 302,but you would really feel it from the drivers seat. If you just want to build a crazy Small Block look up an old Hot Rod Magazine story called "The 350 Chevy Should Have Built", a bog bore, short stroke, long rod, 87 Octane friendly 350ci Gen 1 Small Block that made awesome HP. Whatever you do give it a lot of thought, consider your budget and go as wild as you want. Hot Rodding is about building what YOU want. Lots on Luck on your project
Quote 2 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.