Carl Yergen
I am thinking of buying a 2009 or later CTS-V. How do I tell if it has the correct engine? I don't want to get stuck with something I don't want.
Quote 0 0
Amorget
Carl Yergen wrote:
I am thinking of buying a 2009 or later CTS-V. How do I tell if it has the correct engine? I don't want to get stuck with something I don't want.

What do you mean by the correct engine? The supercharger sitting on top is a pretty good giveaway and looks very different from any other GM intake manifold.
Quote 0 0
Carl Yergen
I know the Engine Power guys got burned with a 5.3L out of a pickup under that under that blower instead of a 6.2. I don't want the same fate to befall me. I was hoping for a way to tell from the engine code.
Quote 0 0
Amorget
Carl Yergen wrote:
I know the Engine Power guys got burned with a 5.3L out of a pickup under that under that blower instead of a 6.2. I don't want the same fate to befall me. I was hoping for a way to tell from the engine code.

I think you are talking about the 5.3 that was in the V1 CTS-V instead of a LS6 that was on Detroit Muscle.  I don't recall Engine Power ever having a V2... or any Powernation show for that matter.

I don't think there is any easy readily available way to identify what LS motor is in the car, but honestly, it's not something that people really worry about when buying a V2 since most are buying rather nice low mileage examples.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.