Fat Daddy
Have you noticed that Power Nation hasn't said a word about this mess, no words of support for the painted lady of the other guy. Come on Power Nation; either say you made a mistake, or support you're new employees. One way or another, you need to do something.
Quote 2 0
pnadmin
Fat Daddy wrote:
Have you noticed that Power Nation hasn't said a word about this mess, no words of support for the painted lady of the other guy. Come on Power Nation; either say you made a mistake, or support you're new employees. One way or another, you need to do something.

We are absolutely open to criticism because we make TV shows and automotive how-to tv shows at that. We've taken criticism for a long time. This is our 20th Season of PowerNation/PowerBlock in fact! However, this is also a place for conversation and what we don't want to happen is 20 threads with very little substantive constructive criticism about the same topic. It mucks up the group and doesn't support the overall reason for this group.

If you want to debate what should be happening with these builds? Go for it! If you want to debate what builds you'd like to see next season? Go for it! If you want to express missing past hosts? Start a thread about your favorite builds from that era! Those comments will stay and may even get comments from the PowerNation crew! That being said we absolutely think Jeremy and Eliza are going to bring a lot of fun and cool projects to the XOR shop.

What we are going to delete are posts that don't add value to the conversation! Hope that makes sense! Stay Xtreme, XOR fans, Stay Xtreme! - PN Admins
Quote 0 0
Fat Daddy
Good, I'm glad that you responded, and defended your decision to hire Jeremy and Eliza. (that's the right thing to do out in public, debate their value behind closed doors) If you read my other post; I've decided to judge each episode on it's merit, we'll see how the next episode goes (Until you either get three strikes and you're out, or get a walk and I'll watch the rest of the season). Judging by the viewer feedback you've lost a large portion of your audience; not the people who just watch because they like cars and trucks, but the people who actually get out and build stuff. It was a major shock for the most talented and best teacher on TV to leave the show, then he was replaced with one guy who looks like he could grow into the position, and Eliza who seems to stand around and watch most of the time. All I've really seen her do is a little welding and turn a few wrenches. Every person in my circle of friends (and most of their wife's) can do that, I want you to show me something that I don't know how to do. Ian was the main reason most people watched the show, you went from one of the best shows on TV to one of the worst. Currently the best automotive show on TV is Stacey David's Gearz, though I really like Engine Power. I know that they just bolt on parts, but it's go fast parts.
FD
Quote 3 0
tonyhill
I completely agree with FD.  Ian fit the persona, he has the credentials and actually gets dirty in the real world building hardcore off-road toys.  To keep those of us who are serious about builds and who actually understand and purchase the products offered by your advertisers, we want to have a host we can respect on their own merits (Ian) and learn from when integrating a new product or design.  The people you have inserted as hosts are at best a script reader and living prop (all due respect to them as people) and will not work in this genre (an focused topic advertisement billed as a TV show).  I have to wonder, was there a problem with Ian?  If so, maybe a public explanation would help open the door to inquiring minds (such as mine and a 25000 others) in acceptance of new hosts, but to change it up without explanation with "expert hosts" with less skill than most of your target viewer's 10 year old children, wont retain viewership.  I can say with certainty as a devout 10+ years, set the DVR viewer, I have lost all interest in your show(s) as it stands.  If I want to be bored I will listen to the guy behind the counter at the parts store who has more to teach and share than your newly revised shows.
Quote 0 0
John L.
I am more of a car guy, but I did enjoy watching Ian.  If the producer of the show cared about the fans, he/she would have given a reason for Ian's departure.
Quote 1 0