David Wayne Kelly
Guy's I have had a 1963 Dodge Dart GT for several years now and it has a slant 6 225cid but I was thinking about the old school red ram hemi so far hard to find what are your thoughts  I'm going put a V-8 in it regardless is that a hard swap in this car ? 

Thank you
David 
Quote 1 0
nekko
A better swap would be to sell the Dart and buy a proper car, but you will probably need to cough up more cash because the $200 some idiot might pay for this old piece of crap won't get you much. Maybe use the money for a bus pass?
Quote 0 1
The Exorcist
David Wayne Kelly wrote:
Guy's I have had a 1963 Dodge Dart GT for several years now and it has a slant 6 225cid but I was thinking about the old school red ram hemi so far hard to find what are your thoughts  I'm going put a V-8 in it regardless is that a hard swap in this car ? 

Thank you
David 

Sorry David, I don't know much about Mopars, but from what I have read on a few Mopar engine swaps, I don't think it will be terribly difficult. 
Quote 0 0
cosmicfrog
You'll have a lot of conversions to do but the Red Ram (I had a '54 with the 241 Hemi) and it later became the A engine. Now, this is NOT the LA. Those came out in '67. The Red Ram used a different motor mount set up. The front mount was a brace under the water pump. There were no side mounts like later motor mounts. I seem to remember that you could converter the ignition with a 340 distributor. I think it needed minor machining. I don't remember if the Powerflite transmission uses the same bolt pattern to the back of the engine. My '54 Coronet would run 80 easily once I went with radial tires and newer style rims. 

You will need to fab up motor mounts, use a Powerflite or an adapter if the Torqeflite won't bolt up. The '54 was before pushbutton shifting. That came out after the suicide spear shifter on the '55 models. Somewhere I have a Mopar tech book that details ways to use the old "Whale" Hemi's.

Now, I'm assuming you are using a dodge engine. Chrysler and DeSoto Hemis were different engines. Plymouth didn't get a Hemi until the "Elephant" engines came out as race parts in '64 and options in '65.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.
Quote 0 0