mtwallet
I'd like to see some new ideas for the TV crews to work on. Chevys and Turbo kits and new suspensions, frankly are getting old. Since this is "Power Nation", we should see more diversity in the subjects covered. R/C motor upgrades, outboard motor rebuilds. Odd stuff that we might learn from and enjoy.
Quote 2 0
The Exorcist
mtwallet, I agree, I think we've all seen enough Chevys with turbo kits to last us a lifetime.
Quote 0 0
nekko
For sure! I hope they made that Hellion guy pay for the half hour advertising they gave him.  And lets not forget all the other banal stupid builds they do which are just an excuse for presenting what is basically and infomercial for desperate industry losers like Rislone. And how much did SAM (the automotive school) pay them for the same infomercial show. It;s bad enough that on tv you get about 3 minutes of advertising for every 5 minutes of programming, but when the programming is essentially another ad I am staring to just turn it off.
Quote 1 1
daletroxel
Mostly just parts exchanging anymore
Quote 0 0
cosmicfrog
Too much of what the shows do assume the viewer has deep pockets. I'd like to see more budget builds. I have a bunch of gearhead friends and not one has a high dollar plasma cutter. How about one of the shows doing an episode on cheap tricks to get common jobs done.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.
Quote 1 0
Pcobb811
They have all these giveaways but who actually wins them
Quote 0 0
mtwallet
While boys were reworking the black Chevy 2, the showed some back yard "get arounds" and fixes that they wanted changed out. Spend time covering things we might encounter. Safe, simple logical, ways to get it done.
Quote 0 0
John L.
R/C motor upgrades and outboard motor rebuilds?  Seriously?  That's not the theme of the shows.  That's like having a news channel do a cooking show.
Quote 0 1
mtwallet
John L. wrote:
R/C motor upgrades and outboard motor rebuilds?  Seriously?  That's not the theme of the shows.  That's like having a news channel do a cooking show.
Sure why not ? The name is "Engine Power" isn't it ?
Quote 0 0
John L.

mtwallet wrote:
Sure why not ? The name is "Engine Power" isn't it ?

Why not?  The show is obviously about automobile engines.  They shouldn't have to rename the show for one to figure that out.  Either you don't watch the show or you like making ridiculous comments to get attention.

Quote 0 0