johnpaulson
what project are you working on for your Volkswagen… Bug, Bus, ghia, square, thing... unruly engine swaps? Is your car lower than legally expected? Type one through four… Bring them all!
Quote 0 0
larryhill
Howdy;
I am currently working on a trike. I am in the process of building a 2007 motor. With the stroker kit using 78mm crank and 90.5 piston/cylinder I have an issue with clearance at the heads. The piston protrudes above the cylinder by 23mm? I have the shims to eliminate the problem but it reqires two shims per cylinder to achieve this. Do I put both shims under the cylinders or one under the cylinder and one under the heads. Which ever I need to do, what is the best method for doing this.

Larry
Quote 0 0
charlieshew
004 (2).JPG  007 (2).JPG 
Here is one of my projects, my only VW. It's a 1978 Bus. I shipped the engine from Nashville, TN to Brothers in Chino CA to have the engine rebuilt. I still need to purchase some tin and a few other parts before I get it back in. Body still has some rust that needs removed.
Quote 1 0
johnpaulson
the dual-port is looking good... what size engine did you end up going with?
Quote 0 0
charlieshew
It is a 2.0. Originally they came fuel injected, the FI stuff had already been removed.  
Quote 1 0
computer5450
535319_6242_159_0001.jpg This is what I'm working on and I fix somethings and drive it daly
Quote 1 0
YoungHeartedSoul
I purchased this pickup October 2016 in Maine and drove it down to NY with my baby. it's a 1972 Chevy C-10 6 Cyl 4 speed. I bought it to flip it and my 13 year old daughter fell in love with it and didnt want me to sell it. she wanted me to keep it so we can work on it and she would drive it when she started college in a few years. 2 weeks after this she passed away due to a pedestrian accident. I am trying to restore it as best as i can and with limited funds. I miss my baby so much, we were best friends. I raised her alone as a widowed dad and that made us even bond more.
Quote 2 0
marnat3
This is my 56 Oval. Lowered front and rear (can you say camber). 1835 VW motor and yes folks that is a 4 barrel Edelbrock carb sticking thru the lid.
Close ratio Freeway Flyer Trans with a short throw kit. It boogies down the road pretty good. 5 shows this season and 3 trophies. 20170513_174850[72710].jpg Just an absolute BLAST to drive. Low enough that a pop can gets stuck underneath.
Honest, Officer. It was on fire when I got here.
Quote 1 0
chadamos
Nice VDubs.... I'm considering looking for a Ghia (69 or earlier) or Bug (66 or earlier).  I found a Ghia a little while before I got my Roadrunner and it was in decent shape (nose had not been damaged), but he screwed up the pedals, had chopped up the dash, and had a myriad of wiring issues and loose wires throughout. It was one of those that "talked to you", but said "walk away". I used to own a 72 Bug and had a lot if fun with it.
Quote 0 0
charlieshew
YoungHeartedSoul wrote:
I purchased this pickup October 2016 in Maine and drove it down to NY with my baby. it's a 1972 Chevy C-10 6 Cyl 4 speed. I bought it to flip it and my 13 year old daughter fell in love with it and didnt want me to sell it. she wanted me to keep it so we can work on it and she would drive it when she started college in a few years. 2 weeks after this she passed away due to a pedestrian accident. I am trying to restore it as best as i can and with limited funds. I miss my baby so much, we were best friends. I raised her alone as a widowed dad and that made us even bond more.

So sorry for your loss. It must be very rough going through what you are. I acquired my Uncle's 32 Chevy when he passed away. Every time I look at it (daily) it reminds me of him. I always think of the fun times, and know he's waiting on me to get started on the restoration of that bucket of rust! 
Quote 0 0
justincadle
Bug6.jpg This was my 74 sunbug. 6 years and one day ago I almost lost my life when a woman blew a red light and t-boned me. Pay attention folks. It's the only thing you have to pay for that's free in life.
Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.