Raybo
In order to watch a 19:42 episode, It takes your system over an hour to buffer the show into my system. I even have the Quality down to 270 and it stops and buffers every 20 seconds. I download movies an watch them and it doesn't take any time at all I have 60 MPS connection speed. I think it is time to get a geek into your web development and speed things up. It is not my system. I have no problem with other sites. Also I have tried to look and watch on my work computer and it is the same story. Please fix this.
Quote 0 0
johndrong
Try using an ad blocker. I've had trouble with slow or non working sites and videos. A ad blocker seems to have solved those problems for me. It's sad to have to do that but, what good is a web site or video when you can't watch it with out constant buffering or "freeze ups" or never even finish loading.
Quote 0 0
Brandon Crimmins
I completely agree...I think they need to forget about the advertising and advertisements as a business model though. Other than the products they display on the shows of course. But what I mean is...everyone I know would easily pay $10-$15\month to watch the shows commercial and buffer free on their computer or especially on the Roku app. It has been WELL over a year since anything new was added to the Roku app to watch...it's just kind of sad really. Most of the people I know do not feel the need to pay almost $200/month for cable...especially since now in a lot of markets Spike is included ONLY in higher end premium cable packages. Which when"bundled" with internet can exceed the $200/month Mark... I think they need to get ahead of the curve quick if they want to stay employed...but I'm just a mechanic and a drummer so I don't know what I'm talking about...
Quote 0 0
John L.
johndrong wrote:
Try using an ad blocker. I've had trouble with slow or non working sites and videos. A ad blocker seems to have solved those problems for me. It's sad to have to do that but, what good is a web site or video when you can't watch it with out constant buffering or "freeze ups" or never even finish loading.

Good suggestion!  I mostly used Microsoft Internet Explorer for web browsing, but started using Google Chrome because it appears that Microsoft is no longer updating Internet Explorer.  Google Chrome has a "web store" where I got for free an ad blocker and the HTML5 auto-play stopper.  The videos play much better now.  I think that the website needs designed better.
Quote 0 0
John L.
I spoke to soon.  I tried to watch one video and a message came up that I had to turn the ad blocker off first before I could watch the video.
Quote 0 0
johndrong
I've noticed some web sites have started doing that. The ad blocker I use allows me to disable it for the web sites I choose. I also started using Microsoft Edge for a web browser. The majority of videos seem to work now. I didn't like Chrome because it seemed to want to take over or change too many other things on my computer. I'm afraid too many ads are here to stay, we will just have to learn how to work around them or avoid some web sites as much as we can. 
Quote 0 0
John L.
johndrong wrote:
I've noticed some web sites have started doing that. The ad blocker I use allows me to disable it for the web sites I choose. I also started using Microsoft Edge for a web browser. The majority of videos seem to work now. I didn't like Chrome because it seemed to want to take over or change too many other things on my computer. I'm afraid too many ads are here to stay, we will just have to learn how to work around them or avoid some web sites as much as we can. 

Could you be more specific about "seemed to want to take over or change too many other things on my computer" using Chrome?  I read that there are some privacy concerns about Chrome, but could not find much.  I went through the settings and changed some stuff, but I didn't notice anything other than that.  Thanks!

Quote 0 0