blakeflannery
I am wanting to build a 347 stroker with as much horsepower as possible, later  (about a year later) I plan to put a procharger on. Will the block be able to handle the power? What  kind of things should I consider before the build? I plan to put this motor in my 1994 ford Mustang gt convertable. The previous owner changed the transmission from automatic to 5 speed manual, it makes driving so much more fun.
Quote 1 0
justincadle
I'd look into a girdle for under the intake. They're known to split the block down the center after 500hp or so. And honestly if you're going to dump money into it and go all out, you could always start with a 351 Windsor. Find one from 94-96 and they have a roller cam. You can find the right oil pan from summit and I believe the motor mounts will change right over as well as all accessories. I'm not completely positive on the electronics though. That's something you'd have to research. And if you don't want to do that route just keep in mind the 347 is known to be pretty hard on the mains so I'd look into good main caps and good main studs which would require a line hone for the caps to match the block and possible a main girdle.
Quote 0 0
blakeflannery
I considered building a 408 stroker also, but if I build it I doubt I would ever supercharge it. I plan on using Edelbrock parts unless someone has a better recommendation 
Quote 0 0
The Exorcist
blakeflannery wrote:
I am wanting to build a 347 stroker with as much horsepower as possible, later  (about a year later) I plan to put a procharger on. Will the block be able to handle the power? What  kind of things should I consider before the build? I plan to put this motor in my 1994 ford Mustang gt convertable. The previous owner changed the transmission from automatic to 5 speed manual, it makes driving so much more fun.

Blake, if you get close to 500 HP you will need a Boss 302 or another aftermarket block. The thin casting technique used on the factory 5.0/302 engines leaves them very weak and they will break if you "put the pressure" to them. And remember, tuning is very important on any boosted engine to keep them from self-destructing.
Quote 0 0