Ftoy
I was a constant watcher of the show until you guys started charging money for it now I will not be watching any of your shows please anybody else who has comments leave them but will
Quote 2 0
Ftoy
Ftoy wrote:
I was a constant watcher of the show until you guys started charging money for it now I will not be watching any of your shows please anybody else who has comments leave them but will
Quote 0 0
Ftoy
First you get rid of  Ian them you start charging not a good
Quote 0 0
cosmicfrog
I get them for free on my cable. I live with commercials as they are what pays for the content. If you're wanting to avoid commercials, how will the show get made without income? It's a business.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Text if you want to meet him.
Quote 0 0
StrokerAce
I'm willing to watch online with commercials but no way will I pay to watch the shows online LOL.
Quote 0 0
MKCoconuts
I'm with a lot people. I am willing to watch online free if it means dealing with commercials....you know...like they did for years! The only thing you get with paying is no commercials (which I don't mind dealing with) and you can view a season ahead (really don't care about that either). I didn't mind the way it was before where when a new episode came out, you could view the episode prior (basically had to wait a weekend before viewing). I was completely fine with that. And other than the fact that they had the same 3 annoying ads, I did not mind having to deal with them. Their shows are not worth $50 a year just so I can view it ad free and a season ahead. How about you make the prior season free when the new season comes out? I stopped watching the shows when it became a requirement to be a PowerNation+ member. They are losing fans just like Photobucket did when they required you to pay a ridiculous price to host 3rd party images. If they wanna charge to view episodes, at least make it reasonable. Take into consideration that Neflix and Hulu cost roughly $90 a year to view and you get 100x the content, you can see that 4 shows are NOT worth what they want. 

Now that they are on the History channel, maybe I'll watch since I get cable for free (Didn't have Spike).  But then again, I've missed so many episodes it might not even be worth it.
Quote 0 0
StrokerAce
Hope you don't mind getting up early on the weekend to watch them... 07:00 AM. The 09:00 AM spot it used to start at is now occupied by a stupid Truck Night reality like show...
Quote 0 0
cosmicfrog
Guys, the network decides when a show airs. The production company just makes the show. yes, they decide the air staff but the air time is wholly the network. I think History is trying to develop a programming system like Motor Trend TV. (formerly Velocity.) There is a lot of interest in DIY automotive programming without the reality show mentality. History is trying to go that route without too much in the fake reality genre'. Okay, Truck Night is one of those shows. It repeats after the power nation programming and before the "Ride that got away". Outside of those two, they're doing a decent job. Your complaints need to be aimed at them, not the producers.

I remember when the shows started out with totally different people. People move on. Either they get fired or want to make more money or expand their careers. That happens a LOT in broadcasting. I'll agree the shows could be better. Less on expensive equipment like a plasma cutter and more on "you do this to get that done" type of shows. Alas, I think a lot of the expensive equipment is supplied either for promotional consideration or reduced price to get it in front of potential customers. The technical institute programs really bother me and I usually skip them. I got my early training from guys who served in the second, and a couple in the first, World Wars. I see technicians that graduate from school with a student loan but no good job prospects. I got my Escalade from a trainee mechanic who really ought to look in another line of work. He threw up his hands at a persistent leak and it was a $9 part that took me 15 minutes to replace.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Quote 0 0
John L.
First, I don't know if you could get an answer from the History Channel about show times.  Second, we shouldn't have to.  I, like a lot of other people I bet, joined the forum expecting some input from somebody at PowerNation.  That is basically nonexistent.  If whoever runs this forum cares about the fans, they should get us answers.  It seems like people in Canada are having an even bigger problem seeing the shows and they can't get answers either.
Quote 0 0
cosmicfrog
In the 13th Century the  Scandinavian King Canute ordered the tides to stop. It didn't work for him and Powernation would have the same effect on telling History when to show the shows. I would prefer a more civilized time myself. I'm an Olde Pharte who still has a VCR so I record the shows and watch them at my leisure.
Honk if you love Jesus.
Quote 0 0
John L.
I am not asking PowerNation to tell the History Channel when to air their shows.  I am just asking how the time slot was picked and if they tried to get another time slot. PowerNation could have picked the time slot for all we know.  Also, why are the shows not on the History Channel On-Demand?  There was one person from Canada on here that says the shows are not available on the History Channel.  If that is true, I bet that they would like an answer.  Somebody at PowerNation should easily be able to find that out.

I have a VCR too, but have never used it.  It would probably be too much of a headache to use anyway since my cable suppler, Comcast, went digital.  With most of the shows that I watch being available on On-Demand, I have not needed to record any shows.
Quote 0 0
pnadmin

Hello all,

We have tried to convey the information via blogs on our website, social media, and answering questions as they come in so here are the answers for you all. We are on History from 7-9am ET/PT Sunday mornings and still air on NBCSN and local channels (check your listings) for those of you wanting to view for free on cable. The networks have always provided the time slot (even with Spike/Paramount/TNN), that is out of our control. DVR is a great option if you are in an earlier time zone.

Our PN+ subscription is available for people who have cut cable or want to watch ad-free for $4.99/month. The previous seasons (2018 and before) are still available for free online with ads for those of you asking. Next year, 2019 will be available. 

In Canada, since US History and Canada History are owned/operated separately we are unfortunately not on TV there yet. We are in the process of finding a network to work with up there but for now online and/or our PN+ subscription is the best option. We will inform viewers when we have that worked out as we know there are many Canadian viewers and they are missing the shows. We understand and are quickly trying to resolve that but as you can imagine a lot goes into working things like that out. 

We also have had inquiries about why we are airing some re-runs mixed in with new shows. As we have mentioned before, the guys are building all these builds in real time, by themselves. A crew does not come in and work on cars for them. That being said, sometimes things go wrong, they are waiting on parts, etc. just like any build you may have at home. This gives them a chance to have the builds at the correct stages for each show. It also allows viewers who may not have seen our programs on Spike to see episodes now that they can watch on History. 

Below are links for the schedule, Canada information, and PN+ if you would like more information:

https://www.powernationtv.com/post/how-to-watch-powernation-in-canada
https://www.powernationtv.com/schedule
https://www.powernationtv.com/plus

Quote 0 0
John L.
Thanks for all the good info!  I have some other questions.  My cable supplier, Comcast, has History Channel On-Demand where you can see the last 2 or 3 shows aired.  I don’t see any PowerNation shows on it.  Will the shows be available that way?

Blogs, website, and social media were mentioned.  I don’t use Social Media because too much of it is useless and I have read how Facebook “manipulates” its’ users.  Where are the blogs and info on the website?  The one link given has the “post page”, but there does not appear to be a page for it.
Quote 0 0
pnadmin
As far as History, the shows will not be available on History On Demand because we are not owned by the network like other History Channel shows. They will need to be DVR'd.

What questions/links are you looking for specifically? The links above are for the schedule, answers to questions for Canadian viewers, and a link to our PN+ subscription. You can also go to  https://www.powernationtv.com and search any topic in the search bar.

John L. wrote:
Thanks for all the good info!  I have some other questions.  My cable supplier, Comcast, has History Channel On-Demand where you can see the last 2 or 3 shows aired.  I don’t see any PowerNation shows on it.  Will the shows be available that way?

Blogs, website, and social media were mentioned.  I don’t use Social Media because too much of it is useless and I have read how Facebook “manipulates” its’ users.  Where are the blogs and info on the website?  The one link given has the “post page”, but there does not appear to be a page for it.
Quote 0 0
John L.
I was asking if there is a way to see the blogs mentioned. If so, where are they? Also mentioned was “answering questions as they come in”. If you meant in the forum, I might have missed something. If you did not mean the forum, where are those answers?
Quote 0 0