bruce.simonson875
Hi. I am looking at getting a new set of tires on my 2001 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD. I was planning on getting some BF Goodrich AT KO2s, but I do not know what size to get. I was looking at either the 31x10.5r15 or the 30x9.5r15, but I do not know if they will fit without rubbing. Does anyone have any experience with this setup. I am on stock suspension, however I plan to level the truck app. Should I level it first then get the tires or does it not matter? Thanks, Bruce.
Quote 0 0
John L.

Hi Bruce!  I don’t have experience with your setup, but I can give you a couple things to think about.  First, BFGoodrich All-Terrain tires are a good choice.  I have used nothing but them on the SUVs that I have had.  On my current SUV, 2014 Grand Cherokee, I have a 2.5” lift.  To go to a bigger tire, I probably would have to use a wheel spacer which I do not want to do, so I use my stock tire size.  What I am trying to say is that you might want to go with a stock diameter if you have a stock suspension.  You might need a wheel spacer if you want to go with a wider width.

I am assuming that you mean just the rear when you said leveling the truck.  You might want to do that before getting the tires to see how the rear suspension sits.  If you use your truck to haul or tow, you will want to take that into consideration.  BFGoodrich’s website has tire diameter and width which should help you with your tire size decision…………………John
Quote 1 0
bruce.simonson875
John, thank you for the advice and I will have to look into it more. I have seen where some people have put bigger tires on stock suspension, but I don't kniw how much bigger. Also, I was leveling the front as the rear end sits higher right now. Thanks again, Bruce.
Quote 0 0