derecklockwood
I am paralyzed from the shoulders down, and in desperate need of help! My wheelchair van, is rusted and as many problems, as it is old and I live in Minnesota. Mechanic I bring it to, said it is very very unsafe and I need to either get it fixed or by a new one. Holes everywhere, running boards fell off, exhaust is wired up, lift doesn't work, etc. too expensive to fix all of it as well as buying a new one. My dad, veteran, is disabled. My mom is disabled as well. They both live in my house to take care of me. Bills get tough! My dream would be Volkswagen bus, 70-ish era, all customized like crazy for me. Anyways, I have never seen a great project for a wheelchair van on any of the car shows. Could be a sponsorship paid one, I don't know. I just need help. Please please!
Quote 0 0
John L.
You might want to try contacting them through social media. I don’t know how to get there because I don’t use social media. They don’t appear to pay attention to the forum.
Quote 1 0
derecklockwood
I've tried contacting them through social media. I have asked for email for whomever could put me in contact with the right people who make the decisions on projects for each show and whatnot. Never got a response :-(
Quote 0 0
John L.
I get the impression that they really don’t care about the fans. I check out the forum because there are some cool people here. Good luck!
Quote 0 0
derecklockwood
Thank you! I really think my situation would be a good one for them. I've never seen them do a wheelchair van and you know sponsorship would help with that. Plus, you can make it cool with 4 x 4 and whatnot for. Northern Minnesota. I don't know what I'm going to do with this because I cannot work on the vehicle, nor can those in my life, and I'm going to fall through the van or something. Then, don't know what I'm going to do to get around. This just was a long shot prayer/hope I could only dream of.
Quote 0 0
John L.
My TV channel lineup changed and now I get the MotorTrend channel.  I started watching this show called Garage Squad.  They seem to be more into their fans.  I don't know if they would do something like you need, but there is a Submission link on their website (garagesquad.tv).
Quote 0 0
derecklockwood
Yeah I used to watch that channel. It used to be "velocity" until motor trend bought it, or whatever company that is. All the shows were reruns until they change the name of the channel to motor trend. There are some pretty good shows on it. I had tried emailing garage squad but haven't since channel change name. Maybe I should do it again.
Quote 0 0
John L.
They do have some good shows.  It is my favorite channel now.  I wanted to submit my car to Garage Squad, but they mostly do older cars.  Good luck!
Quote 0 0